Monday, June 4, 2012

Surprise Event

It's funny how fast your mind notices things that are out of place. Last night I slept on the trampoline outside. For me it's sort of like a mini camping trip, a closet adventure. It's still cool outside at night and I want to take advantage of that before REAL summer hits and its still 95 at night. As it is, I can lay on the trampoline, stare at the stars, and need a sleeping bag to feel comfortable.

Last night, I got comfy, read a little, then decided to hit the sack. Right before I closed my eyes I looked at the moon and thought "supermoon" as it was just about a month ago and last night the moon was full.

Well, around 330-4 am, I woke up. I needed to go to the bathroom. I sat up, a little blurry eyed, and got my bearings. There didn't seem to be as many stars in the sky, I looked real close to see if it was cloudy, it was not. Then I saw the moon, or at least, I saw part of the moon. Again I kept trying to see if there were random clouds hovering in front of it, but didn't see any. I kept staring because it didn't seem right. When I went to bed it was full, round, and bright. Now it there was a bite taken out of the bottom quarter of it. The bite was round and made a perfect arc. Then the gears in my head started turning and I thought to myself, "the sun will be coming up from directly behind me...."

LUNAR ECLIPSE! Very cool. Even more because I didn't know it was going to happen. Total surprise.

1 comment:

Omega Agent1 said...

Man, the description of acool summer night under the stars was awesome.

I went trail riding today and I imagine having my own horse a good dog and my queen, added to a good summer night just like this one.

Good post and thanks for letting me share.