Sunday, October 21, 2012

Being Weird

This was almost the view I had Saturday night, minus the waterfall....I took a trip north, higher elevation, clearer skies, in order to watch the meteor shower. It was so much better than expected.

After driving a long ways, I found a spot, in the middle of the dark, under some tall pines with plenty of openings between them. I piled blankets in the back of my truck to stay warm, laid back, and waited. It wasn't long before the first one zoomed across the sky, orange and fiery. It left a trail. Many more streaked across the sky as I stayed warm under the covers, staring up. After each pause I told myself "one more, then I'll go to sleep", but I kept wanting to see more. I finally fell asleep, surrounded by warmth and tangled in blankets.

Honestly one of the best nights of my life. Very thankful and hopefully get more chances to do it again in the future.

No comments: