Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SECOND WAVE ART!

The new, second wave of DC's New 52 is almost here. I'm pretty excited for the Batman Incorporated series. It will be written by Grant Morrison, hopefully done better than what is going on with Action Comics Superman, which I dropped because it was losing me. Better yet though, it will be drawn by Chris Burnham. I like Burnham's art; it reminds me a little bit of Frank Quitely, a little bit like Seth Fisher. It's hard to describe the style, realistic, but still the tiniest bit of "cartoon" or animation feel to it. I really like the way Robin has evolved. No longer the whiny sissy B lister, now he's angry and brooding, with enough martial arts know how to kick yer booty.

I'm gonna add this book to my list and really cross my fingers that it's a hit. I hope Morrison gets his thoughts straight and tells a good story. Even if he doesn't, I might still keep it if Burnham is a regular.

No comments: