Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dwarf: Grunbar

Grunbar is a keg carrying pugilist of a dwarf. He's a character that one of my friends, JJ, plays in our ongoing Wednesday night campaign. He's actually a replacement for the druid & ranger characters that died in a horrible fireball explosion a while back thanks to Dave rolling 1s on his saving throws.

I was asked to paint Grunbar a couple of weeks ago. JJ had a picture that he had found on the internet somewhere that gave me a good vision for what he was supposed to look like. The mini itself is nice. It's made of resin, pretty solid stuff. JJ got it from a company called scibor? minis. A little expensive I think, but good detail. I really like how the wood and his beard turned out. They have a few more coats of progressively lighter dry brushed highlights. The base was rather plain looking so I took a micro pen, .05 tip, and drew some runes around the base. Overall I think it came out pretty well.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Super nice paint job!