Saturday, March 3, 2012

I love the 60's

We've effectively hacked into mom in laws Netflix account and have been watching now for a couple of weeks. Initially I was upset at the lack of movie choices they offered, few and far between. The upside though, has been the TV choices. I'm not a big TV watcher, I mean a regular TV watcher. I flip channels a lot, maybe stop on something interesting. The only regular shows that I've been following have been the Walking Dead, and Doctor Who.

Netflix however, has opened a whole slew of choices. I just read an article where Netflix described their TV series options like "30 hour" movies. No commercials, full seasons, wherever you want them.

What I've really been excited about has been the choices from one of my favorite decades, the 60's. It started with a couple of episodes of Mad Men. Great show. Fully engrossing. Where the 60's really like that? I dig it all, except for the incessant chain smoking though. Chase that with an episode of Archer. Not technically a 60's invention, the international man of mystery super spy, mixed with incredibly high speed comedy is nonstop laughs. Then, the ORIGINAL Star Trek series. My favorite as a kid. Still good. Stories are good, special effects are....fun, and who can deny the power of Captain James Tiberius Kirk? No one. And if you do, DEATH GRIP from Spock!

No comments: