Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy Coincidence

One good thing about living in the desert, stars. Almost every night I can go out and see thousands of stars, satellites, and a few meteors. Its a bright point in an otherwise hellish heat.

Last night, by chance, I was just hanging out, looking up. Not just one, but several streaked across the sky. They weren't the small flashes, caught out of the corner of your eye, these were globs of sparks, slowly falling out of the sky. This morning I read that last night was the Perseid meteor shower, one of the best of the year. Pretty cool.

To add to the "cool" factor, I spotted a tarantula crossing the road, a snake, and a scorpion running for cover under my fridge. Who says the desert isn't cool?

3 comments:

Omega Agent1 said...

I think the desert is cool, who ever can't find beauty out there is missing the wonders of God's green earth.

Over at my spot Shlomo kind of wanted to hear what you and LisaGemini thought about the latest post (me to) but....man I havn't heard from you in awhile come thru when you catch a min. OA1

Lord Thanatos said...

Having trouble posting comments on your page. It won't let me choose an Identity.....I did write up a review, just cant post it.

Omega Agent1 said...

I don't know what that's about but glad to know your still with me.

I'm having trouble posting to the comics review page. Ghost in the shell I guess.