Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hangar of Death

Take a look. I'll bet very few people get to see something like this. My brother sent me this pic. He operates the weapons systems on the drone aircraft in Afghanistan. He doesn't fly the plane, he listens to the guys on the ground, watches the planes video feed, and selects targets. When he gets the green light, he presses a button and BOOM, Talibs disappear. Recently he sent me a flag, along with a certificate signed by him and the pilot. Once in a while they pack a few flags in the bomb compartment while the drone flies on its mission. That gives the flags the distinction of having flown over a battlefield. Kind of cool. The surprising thing about these drones is how big they are. I kind of had the impression that they were little aircraft, but they look about the size of a cesna, except a little more "aggressive" looking. Pretty cool stuff, even if its used to kill.

No comments: