Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Last New Year

Well, it's finally here. The year everyone has been waiting for. I've always been a big fan of the Maya, so I suppose I'm a believer in their calendar. For people who could predict eclipses, motions of the planets, and used a base 20 counting system, they must know a little bit about what they were talking about.

What does the "doomsday" prophecy mean? Who knows. Maybe not tidal waves and earthquakes, but I think SOMETHING will change/happen. I kind of like the magnetic shift theory. Earth's crust would loosen a little, liquify, and kind of slide. This would stir things up a little. Arizona could end up in a more temperate zone. Maybe the Sahara would get a little rain. Change is good, right?

For me, 2012 is already a change. I'm entering the cubicle in about 4 days. Khakis everyday, collared shirts. Office small talk. We'll see how online school goes. Hopefully my international plans work out and I end up making a big change this summer.

In the meantime, I think everyone should live it up this year, since it may be our last. The only sad thing; poor Molly's birthday is the end of the Mayan calendar.

No comments: